Thursday, December 25, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, HAPPY HANUKKAH, GET DOWN W/YOUR BAD SELF KAWAANZA, WHATEVER....



actually, i had no idea there was an issue about SAYING merry c'mas as opposed to happy holidays. it's true that i'm not mr politically correct. saying merry c'mas to a jew wouldn't have crossed my mind as being an insult. i mean, there's other ways to insult a jew, or a black, or an atheist, or a christian. lots of better ways it seemed to me. what did i know?

marie cleared it all up for me when i was back in p'cola. it's a big deal back there. of course, the 14 million folks who listen to rush limbaugh & tune into the propaganda of fox news mostly live there in p'cola & it's environs. marie made it very clear how carefully you have to watch what you say in terms of holiday greetings.

this made me uncomfortable. i didn't want to be an inadvertent racist or rude or reveal my left-leaning "i hate america" secret self. i don't mind being considered a sexual deviant. i mean, i'll go there deliberately. but that other stuff i didn't want. no way.


anyway, all of this is to say to everyone: I HOPE YOUR DAYS ARE GOOD & THAT YOU'RE GOOD TO OTHERS & THEY'RE GOOD TO YOU. LOVE TO ALL. & I HOPE WE ALL HAVE A VERY GOOD NEW YEAR.

(btw, merry c'mas too). dj

No comments: