Wednesday, February 29, 2012

THE SOUND OF ONE HAND CLAPPING

I have always lived violently, drunk hugely, eaten too much or not at all, slept around the clock or missed two nights of sleeping, worked too hard and too long in glory, or slobbed for a time in utter laziness. I’ve lifted, pulled, chopped, climbed, made love with joy and taken my hangovers as a consequence, not as a punishment.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels With Charley: In Search of America 

it is simply not like me to post a picture of myself. it has nothing to do w/buddhist ego issues. it has something to do w/the fact that i look like this. so, in a way, it is an ego issue but i'm sworn to overcome as many of those as my poor corporeal being can muster. i felt it was important to post something on this leap year day, which is about how often i plan on posting self-pics. this was taken in the french market. ann was trying her best to get me to open up to the mardi gras spirit & wear a hat. the implication was that i was a bummer. personally, i don't think a hat can save me from that determination but, for a moment, perhaps the shade of all those mardi gras spirits from years gone by converged & manifested. i've seen much stranger things happen in the city that care forgot.


No comments: